For older adults whose transportation options are limited, having safe options for walking or taking transit to healthy food is an important way to maintain independence, health, and community connections. With grant funding from AARP, the Safe Routes Partnership is working with community members from DC’s Bellevue neighborhood to improve traffic safety and connections to healthy food through a traffic safety demonstration and series of traffic-themed community art workshops. Join us!
October 19 – Taste of Harvest Festival
- Description: Come down to the Taste of Harvest Festival on October 19 where we’ll lead an activity with reusable grocery bag decorating, a temporary crosswalk, and traffic safety information.
- When: October 19 from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- Where: THEARC: Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus, 1901 Mississippi Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC 20020
October 26 – Safety Demonstration at bellevue library
- Description: Join us at Bellevue Library for a traffic safety demonstration. Check out our colorful crosswalk and share ideas for how to improve safety on your trips to the grocery store.
- When: October 26 at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Bellevue Library