Do you or your family and friends walk and roll in rain, shine, wind, and snow? Show us how you get around when the weather is gloomy, gray, gusty, or just great! The Safe Routes Partnership invites you to submit your photo to the Safe Routes in All Weather photo contest.
Prizes will be awarded to three winners. In each category, one winner will receive a $50 gift card. See more information about the categories and criteria below.
All photos submitted to the Safe Routes in All Weather photo contest will be made publicly available in a shared online photo album with photo attribution, so you and your organization can use and feature them to promote Safe Routes all year round. All photo entries must include signed waivers for each individual who appears in the photo. See more information below.
One prize will be awarded in each of the following categories. One photo may be submitted per entrant per category. In all categories, please keep the following in mind:
- Showcase walking, rolling, and being active in all seasons – rain, snow, wind, heat, you name it!
- Preference will be given to photos that have people in them, as opposed to just a streetscape, parkscape, or infrastructure.
- In all photos, children should be exhibiting safe travel behavior and wearing helmets if they are rolling on a bike or scooter.
Category 1: Safe Routes to School in All Weather
- Walking and rolling to school in all weather! Puddles, snow, rain boots and raincoats, parkas, hats, and gloves are encouraged.
- Show kids wearing backpacks, carrying school supplies or musical instruments.
- Show children walking and rolling in groups with peers and/or adults to and from school, on the sidewalk, crosswalk, bike paths.
Category 2: Safe Routes to Parks in All Weather
- Show how you and your family/neighbors are active at your local park all year long!
- Highlight walking and rolling to the park and being active at the park.
- Showcase your community's sidewalks, walking and rolling paths, and parks.
Category 3: Fun and Humor
- Get creative!
- What makes walking and rolling and parks awesome in your community?
Digital Photo Requirements
Photographs must be in digital format. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files sent via email must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 2,100 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2,100 pixels tall (if a vertical image). Preference will be given for higher resolution photos and photos that do not have text or graphics superimposed on them. Photographs must not have been previously entered in any other contest.
How to Enter the Contest:
- Complete the online submission form, which includes a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, and Indemnity Agreement signed by the Photographer warranting that the photo does not infringe upon any copyright, right of privacy, or any other right of a third party; and releasing, indemnifying, and holding Safe Routes Partnership harmless from liability.
- Obtain Photo Consent and Release Forms: Each individual or the parent/guardian of a minor that appears in the submitted photograph must sign Photo Consent and Release Form (also available in Spanish) granting the right to use their likeness on open access websites, social media, and other forms of print or electronic publication. Photos of public spaces do NOT need to submit Media Permission Forms.
- Email your photos and media permission forms to email@example.com by February 28. You may send attached files or a link to an online drive. Please label each photo file with the name of the category and your first and last name. One photo per category will be accepted.
- The deadline to submit photos is February 28.
Each photo will be evaluated based on creativity, compliance with the theme and category, quality, and resolution. Safe Routes Partnership staff will announce awards and notify winners by March 16.